Posts Tagged ‘performance space’

Is There A Showcase Visa Exception?

Thursday, December 4th, 2014

By Brian Taylor Goldstein, Esq.    Dear Law and Disorder: We have arranged for one of our foreign groups to perform a showcase at the upcoming APAP conference in New York. Will they need artist visas? Obviously, we’d like to avoid that time and expense. The artists are all from Europe and could enter as […]

Read the rest of this article »

Is That A Music License I Hear?

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012

By Brian Taylor Goldstein Do we legally have to have a music license if we have bands performing in our Country Club at weddings, social events, etc.? Yes. Anytime music is publically performed, either live or by playing a recording through a sound system, a “performance license” is required. A “performance license” is a fee […]

Read the rest of this article »

Do We Need ASCAP/BMI Licenses?

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012

By Brian Taylor Goldstein Hello Law and Disorder, We have met numerous times at conferences, (I love going to your sessions!) and you have been very helpful with questions about our presenting contracts. We also rent our facility and I now have a question about that side.  We recently received a letter from BMI stating […]

Read the rest of this article »